Monday, November 15, 2010

Patricia

So my incredibly chic girlfriend Patricia walks into my store today sporting these puppies. Needless to say, I turn an ever so slight shade of MILITARY green (gotta stay on trend). Actually, hers were even better because they had the blackened stud hardware making accessorizing a much easier feat. Anyhow, I digress...
After my initial flash on envy, I think about my closet filled with 100+ mm heels of all shapes and sizes - boots, booties, wedges, peep toe sandals, and pumps. And I start to wonder - When did I stop wearing heels? In LA, the only time I DIDN"T wear heels was when I was at the gym (but that's a whole other blog post altogether).
Is it the suburbs, the 3 kids or being 38 that has led to my current uniform of ballet flats and motorcycle boots? Whatever it is, I SHALL OVERCOME! I'm pulling out the highest heels I can find in my closet tonight and putting together the perfect outfit for tomorrow. Thanks, Patricia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh God, our life is really divided into "heel phase" and "something more comfortable phase". I love myself on heels, but there comes time where they can really make one look ridiculous. Like when you are making your way through a blizzard, or coming back from a grocery store, via subway, with your hands full of shopping bags...