Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beastly


There was a time when I believed that if something was good, it was even better in animal print. Not the best approach to dressing or decorating but I was a rather wild adolescent. Then came the period in the 90's where anything resembling a skinned mammal invoked images of Peg Bundy or Angelyne.  Couldn't pay me enough to go near it. Well, now that I am so worldly and my eye so much more discerning (please plant tongue firmly in cheek), I am re-introducing myself to a beautiful world of spots and stripes, in all shapes and textures from plastic to chiffon.



Alber Elbaz creates a hybrid animal in organza.


The Happiest Bag in the world!


These Dunks are too cool for school.

 
                                             

Love the subtlety of the McQueen tiger stripes.



I've never seen her do leopard wrong.
 

Perfect way to tie a room together.




Ah, Dior! Need I say more?



Thakoon's abstract take on animal print.


Yarnz scarves always have the most sophisticated prints.
Designed by my immensely talented friend, Larry Wolfe.



Celine's box bag. The perfectly lady-like approach to leopard.




Tiger stripes printed on calf hair iphone cover. I need this.




Love the glamorous tiger stripes with the organic rope belt.




The perfect accessory to an otherwise boring black outfit.




It's all about the shoes. Oh wait, the bracelets, too.


Photos courtesy of Julie An, The Sartorialist, The Purse Blog, Christian Dior, Wink NYC,
Net-a-Porter ,Thakoon, Themed Shoes, and Apple

No comments: