Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine's Day Spending Styptic


My girlfriend Jill told me a funny story this morning - goes something like this:
Jill is at Bergdorf Goodman watching a beautiful young gal shopping with her parents. Young Gal is trying on an Alaia dress that looks amazing on her. Jill tells her she looks fab. Youngster is sold and tells her mother she wants it. Mother says ok, how much is it? Daughter says $3900. Mother says, "That's not bad." Jill's jaw drops. Father turns bright red, mortified, hands wife credit card and slinks away.
OK, in my world, $3900 for a dress is bad - very bad. No judgments, but I don't think my father would even believe me if I told him a dress cost $3900.

So, in homage to my Father, I am presenting my Valentine's Day list that won't break the bank or my husband's spirit. Feel free to forward this to the Love of your Life should any or all strike your fancy!



Take-Away Pouch on a Belt, $58
available @ Anthropologie

Report Signature Crystal Bootie, on sale for $229.99!
aavailable @ victoriassecret.com


Heart Pocket Chambray Shirt, $98
available @ jcrew.com


Topaz Glass Earrings, $48.00
available @ jcew.com



Calf Hair Leopard Bootie, $139
available @ zara.com


Shea Nut Body Butter, $16
available @ thebodyshop.com


Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm, $7
available @ sephora.com


Metal Plate Messenger Bag, $99
available @ zara.com


Teuscher Champagne Truffles, $61.95 for box of 24
available @ teuscher.com

Encyclopedia of the Exquisite: An Anecdotal History of Elegant Delights, $15.59
available @ amazon.com

Nouvelle Vague: Coleurs sur Paris Compelation CD, 24 Euro
available @ colette.fr

No comments: