Sunday, March 27, 2011

In the Trenches

Ahhh Spring! Birds are chirping, cherry blossoms are blooming and I am dying to pack away all the super-chunky sweaters and puffy coats that take up so much space in the closet. The plan? Replace them with 1 item - the perfect trench coat. Sounds impossible, right? Actually, it's not as crazy as it sounds. My spring wardrobe consists of silk shirtdresses, high waisted jeans, pencil skirts, georgette blouses/tops, t-shirts and lightweight pull-over sweaters and cardigans. I'm good with leather jackets, so the one thing I'll splurge on this year is a trench coat - not in khaki or black. These are my favorite options, thus far...


This is my first choice. Tried it on at the Lanvin boutique on Madison Ave.
Sadly for me but fortunately for Cooper, they did not have my size.


2nd favorite is, surprise surprise, Lanvin, again.
Barney's has this pretty little number with my name all over it!


Thought the color of this DVF trench would work perfectly
with navys, corals and mustards.



Stripes are always a favorite. Here, Alexander McQueen reinterprets a
traditional zebra stripe. 


This pretty little Derek Lam trench has the sweetest peplum detail in the back.
You almost want to twirl around in this.


Elsa Schiaparelli would be proud in this "shocking pink"
Burberry coat.


I love the idea of wearing this day to evening. Plus the color of this
Burberry trench is just to die for!



No comments: