Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Things

Ok, with 70 degrees predicted for Friday, it's officially time to get the Spring wardrobe together. After a major closet overhaul with all the "sorta/kindas" going in a bag to be donated, I've got a few empty hangers and about 4 inches of folding space to add some new pieces.
I WANT soooo much, but really need very little. Spring on the East Coast is over in the blink of an eye and I'd rather save my money and splurge on a few amazing pieces I spied on the runways for Fall '11. 
So here is what I'm doing for my Spring add ons:
                                  

I'll probably wear these J Brand Bette jeans every other day.
They may be the only jean I wear all spring.


These abstract leopard cargoes from Zara were too fun to pass up.
I'll wear these with all my American Vintage tees.


This Alexander Wang skirt is an alternative to my black
Leger that I've worn to death - plus the color is more "Springy."


You should always have a few novelty tees in your closet to
keep your wardrobe current. This one from Helmut Lang is a keeper.




Love this easy chambray dress from Zara. I could wear this
today layered with a long sleeve tee, blazer, tights and booties. 


I want to wear this Shiplet & Halmos silk tee tucked into my
Bette jeans or a brighly colored pencil skirt.



Ok, so I bought this DVF top because it looked really good with the
Alexander Wang skirt. but I'll also throw it on with my white sailor
pants and back to a fuschia pleated skirt.




Great for work - Edme & Esyllte skirt. Bought this to
wear with my Marni colorblock heels.

Fun little skirt from Fei. Cheap and cheerful -
couldn't walk away from this one. 





This 3.1 Philip Lim sweater will replace my favorite American Vintage
sweatshirt. I love the pleat detail in the back!



These Pelle Moda wedges are a no brainer at under $200.

So here's the Mac Daddy splurge. I LOVE these Zanotti wedges.
And at $1100.00 I'm committed to wearing them 24/7.



 Note: I have decided to pass on the Givenchy wedges even though I think they are quite marvelous. I've opted to keep the more budget-friendly version from Pelle Moda. I will be donating the difference saved to The Japan Society's Disaster Relief Fund:  https://www.japansociety.org/japan_earthquake_relief_fund .
       I urge you all to make a small sacrifice and give what you can. Every dollar makes a difference.


No comments: