Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dries Van Noten

The older I get, the more I REALLY start to feel Dries Van Noten. The glorious mix of textures and prints in the most sophisticated color palettes has me wiping the drool from the edge of my mouth. His vibe seems to be exactly where I am in my life right now as a Late 30 Something who still wants to look "modern" but pretty, so often you lose pretty when you deal with designers who do modern. Usually, you just end up looking, well, pretentious and weird.
With that said, I can't say that I'm a big fan of his shoes - as they leave a little to be desired in the "sexy" area and we all know that even if the rest of the outfit is "Ehh," the shoes have to be sexy (not necessarily high). Will elaborate on this in another post.
Anyhow, back to Dries and his mind-blowing, jaw-dropping Fall Collection. His signature brocades were trimmed in fur or mixed back to chunky knits and the multi-pattern day dresses were reminiscent of vintage kimonos. Would somebody get me a tissue? Please!




Chunky sweater w/ brocade skirt is a favorite look for next Fall.


Loving the geometry in this coat.


Slivers of contrast print and pockets make this dress irresistable.


Reminds me of vintage kimono prints I saw in an exhibit at LACMA
.

Would love this little tunic top over skinny jeans!


Assymetrical fur lapel is so unexpected. The perfect evening coat.


The pop of green brings this blk and wht print to life.


An easy piece to layer back to a cardigan and jacket.


I would wear this over EVERYTHING!


Probably my favorite mix of prints from the show.


What an awesome alternative for black tie.



No comments: